Thursday, July 31, 2014

A First Attempt on a Photo Challenge (#19 "while you were sleeping") by Mindlovemisery's menagerie "seeking for relief"

Credits: Photo by Martin Stranka

Good day dear friends and followers,

Just a few minutes ago I ran into a wonderful Wordpress Weblog called Mindlovemiserys menagerie a wonderful WP-blog and this photo about which this photo challenge is ... asked my attention immediately. I asked myself "What does this photo say to me?" An I tried to answer that question ... A young guy stands on the edge of a canyon. He looks down, he is maybe sad or disappointed in life or in someone. As I looked closer I saw a 'wound' at his heart ... I think this guy has a broken heart, his girl- or boy-friend left him. Is he in an excistential crises? I think he suffers of his lost love and intends to step out of life. This photo gives me the shivers, and a feeling of strong sadness.

The goal of this challenge is to write a poem or a short story inspired on this photo ... so here I go ...

seeking for relief
aching of a broken heart -
love isn 't forever


© Chèvrefeuille

I am a Dutch haiku poet and I have a few weblogs about haiku. Haiku is my passion and it gives me the opportunity to give words to my feelings.



6 comments:

C.S.H said...

I love it! It's good to visit you again, very lovely words, for such heartwrenching imagery. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Kristjaan -- :)

Anonymous said...

This one tugs at the heart, beautiful

Chèvrefeuille said...

What a kind words you are sprinkling on me. It makes me blush. Thank you!

Unknown said...

So sad, Kristjaan, beautifully penned as usual. I did mine at Traces

Unknown said...

I hadn't seen this post when you wrote it! What a great take, you've definately captured the pathos behind the picture. Not only is it well penned, but I must thank you for having used it in one of your prompts .. it ws very inspiring!